Skin boosters are injectables that improve skin texture, elasticity, hydration and overall appearance.
They increase the levels of hydration in the skin and stimulate the production of collagen, improving fine lines and wrinkles, producing firmer and younger looking skin.
Another key benefit is that they are particularly good at improving hydration and can be used to treat many different skin areas and skin types.
They work effectively to target dryness, roughness and fine lines and improve skin tone and texture.
How Do They Work?
Skin booster injectables are derived from a soft, gel-like substance called Hyaluronic Acid (HA). It is a substance that occurs naturally in the skin and holds incredible amounts of moisture. However, HA depletes with many factors including age, sun damage, genetics, smoking and environmental factors which is what causes skin to become dry and dehydrated.
Microinjections of hyaluronic acid restores the moisture in the skin, improving its elasticity, firmness and radiance.
- Enhanced skin regeneration
- Balanced skin moisture barrier
- Increased collagen and elastin production
- Smoother, radiant skin texture
Types of Skin Boosters
This “time-reversing injection” uses a high concentration of 100% hyaluronic acid to rejuvenate the skin. It combines 32mg each of both low and high-molecular hyaluronic acid to treat skin laxity and uneven skin texture
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Using a high concentration of hyaluronic acid, it treats skin laxity by bio-stimulating the skin’s production of elastin and collagen. It can be used to reduce the appearance of sagging skin, fine lines and wrinkles on the face, neck and hands.
The treatment uses a hybrid concentration of 2 types of hyaluronic acids which are:
- L-HA → provides a hydrating effect after it releases slowly to hydrate skin to full plumpness
- H-HA → provides a lifting effect by stabilizing the HA architecture that promotes volumetric replacements
- Before: Thorough skin analysis will be conducted to determine suitability for this treatment. The clinical and cosmetic advantages, dangers, and aftercare will be provided to help you make a well-informed decision. Topical or local anesthetic can be administered to manage pain and discomfort.
- During: The doctor will locate the 5 bio-aesthetic points (BAP) on each side of the face and neck. Then, using a fine needle, the formula will be injected under the surface of the skin. These injectable points are strategically placed to minimize bruising and discomfort and to yield optimal results.
It swiftly dissolves under the skin after injection to increase hydration without the need for a massage or the risk of creating bumps or cysts. If they are noticeable (in patients with thinner skin), they usually disappear after 24 hours as the substance seeps into the epidermis.
- After: A follow-up consultation will be arranged to verify that no issues arise. Results and outcome will not be visible until 4 weeks following the second treatment.
THE BIOREMODELLING EFFECT
The slow diffusion of Profhilo is mediated by the slow degradation rate of the dermal and subcutaneous compartments. This injectable has a unique structure in that it contains hyaluronic acid (a polysaccharide). HA captures water and consequently results in hydration.
When the HA is incorporated inside the skin, it advances extracellular bioremodelling by simulating 4 kinds of skin collagen and elastin. Additionally, the HA complex maintains the practicality of the skin cells such as keratinocytes in the epidermis and fibroblasts in the dermis. This impacts the skin layers by boosting hydration and elasticity to create a lifting effect
- Fewer risks of lumpiness
- Collagen and elastin levels are boosted
- Improves skin texture and diminishes signs of aging
- Intense hydration deep into skin
Want to know more about any related procedures? Contact us!