Eye bags occur when the fatty tissue around the eyes starts to sag. This can happen for a number of reasons, including age, genetics and lifestyle choices. Smoking and sun exposure can contribute to the development of eye bags
Dark eye circles can form due to multiple factors. One way is when the blood vessels under the eyes become dilated and more visible. Another way is when there is a buildup of pigments in the skin.
Fat pads under the eyes becoming more pronounced can also result in the formation of dark eye circles. This is often due to weight gain or loss and can be a result of aging.
- Age → loss of fatty issue and thinning of skin around the eyes are part of the aging process. A tear trough is the hollow under the eyes which can cause dark circles and is related to aging
- Lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits
- Reduced levels of fatty tissue around the eyes
- Eye drop treatment for glaucoma such as bimatoprost
- Ensure sufficient sleep and reduce stress
- Avoid smoking and reduce alcohol consumption
- Protect the eyes from the sun, wear sun protective gear